Friday, October 30, 2009

Where Is Your Mansion?


Recently I watched The Blue Mansion by Glen Goei with Matthew & Dennis. It fascinated me ever since I saw the commercials and I really wanted to give this local-made production a try..

Well, as it turned out, I think I can say Glen Goei deserves recognition for his commendable effort. I have definitely developed a better impression of Singaporean films, and this has certainly raise the profile of locally produced movies. The last local-production I've watched was Cages in '06 or '07 when I was still in VJ. (Jack Neo films, etc not included).

However, though humourous (or lame moments, I should say) aplenty, and not forgetting the painful-draggy moments and a wierd twist, The Blue Mansion's theme - the whole of the overview of a typical wealthy, powerful family in the higher echelons of society, has shed some light on worldly possessions and etc.


As much as the world offers a plethora of possessions and assets, are we really content? Will greed and gluttony triumph in the end? Will you be so obsessed with building an empire, that your family becomes dysfunctional, waging domestic wars amongst the people we call our 'loved ones'? Will you trample on others just for the sake of building a company, only to see it crumble under your feet when you have departed? I have come to realise that we should be content with whatever we have; it isn't sin to want more, but making it an obession is.

Worldly possessions count for nothing, as all will turn to dust when the Lord our Saviour makes his final descent. Instead, Lord, help me to focus on wanting mansions of glory in your Kingdom, knowing that we in the end, we will not trudge but run along the streets of gold that you have prepared for us, and into your warm embrace.


In the Bible it says,

John 14

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.


So, is your mansion on Heaven or on Earth?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.." - Matt 6:33

Seek and ye shall find. Knock and the door shall be open unto you.

No comments: